Today the Zcash team released an update to the Testnet: Zcash Version z9 “Solidifying the Consensus Protocol”
This update has a number of improvements including more space-efficient encodings for Equihash and merging upstream Bitcoin patches related to Denial-of-Service protection.
And best of all this update contains the fix for the MAX_HEADERS_RESULTS Bug that caused many users to not to be able to connect to the Testnet.
You will need to download the latest version and re-compile to reconnect to the Testnet. All of your previously mined test coins are no longer usable on the new Blockchain.
Full blog post below:
Daira Hopwood and Jay Graber | Aug 25, 2016
- Decreased block header size to address a bug interfering with the testnet (#1289).
- Ensured that Zcash secrets are saved along with Bitcoin secrets in wallets (#1198).
- Implemented more space-efficient encodings for Equihash solutions (#1175).
- Implemented more space-efficient encodings for zk-SNARK proofs following an IEEE standard (#1262).
- Increased the size of the memo field sent with notes, to 512 bytes (#1187).
- Merged in upstream Bitcoin patches related to Denial-of-Service protection (#1251).
- Implemented the first stages of adding a new higher-level RPC interface so that clients don’t have to deal with details of the underlying cryptographic protocol (#701,#756, #1197).
- Began addressing issues found by NCC Group as part of our security audits(#1214, #1215).
We do not expect to make any other changes to the consensus protocol, except for possible security fixes, until after 1.0.